Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bye old kitchen!

Out with the old...



(dump run)

...and in with the new!
Sink and faucet installed! Countertops installed! (More later on mineral oil application.) Thirty years of grime off cabinets so we can paint them! (Don't hold your breath on that one...at least until after the flooring goes down.)
We found a used but like-new Kohler iron/tones sink on craigslist for $100 (best deal I've encountered in this entire process) and were left to the retail world to find a faucet. Who knew faucets were so expensive?? I do...now. Pretty though, isn't it? It's a pulldown and I LOVE it.






The countertops are IKEA Numerar, beech. The guy at the store told me they were discontinuing the solid wood butcher block and moving over to laminate so we jumped on buying them, even though it meant shoving them in my hybrid. Or attempting to. It ended badly, but let's focus on the positive, shall we?

Also, I still loathe the honey oak.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment